Singer Sunidhi Chauhan can make the plainest track beautiful with her voice. And when it comes to her wardrobe, she can weave the same magic. The Indian Idol judge shares her style and beauty tricks with Rohit Pramar
How would you define your style?
I am very unwomanly. I am very moody when it comes to styling. Some days, I feel very casual and on some days I feel trendy. So, I keep changing my style according to my changing mood.
Are you an impulsive shopper?
I am not brand conscious. I can go to any mall and shop! I have thousands of clothes and accessories that I’ve bought and then forgotten about. They’re still lying in my cupboard with the price-tags on.
What are your favorite shopping destinations?
I love shopping in Malaysia, Singapore and New York.
What is your beauty secret?
I honestly don’t follow any beauty regime. I don’t have the time for it. I just stay fit, eat and sleep well.
Top 5: Must haves!
- Plenty of t-shirts.
- At least five pairs of denims in colours such as grey, black, blue and white.
- Kurtis because they are trendy and you can wear them for formal occasions as well.
- Hoop earrings because they go with anything.
- A nice branded watch.
Top 5: Essential beauty items
- Sunscreen! Never leave home without it.
- Mascara to brighten up tired eyes.
- A lipstick to add a dash of glamour to any outfit.
- Body lotion because Mumbai’s weather can dry out your skin.
- Perfume. Every girl should have a signature scent.
- I believe that you should never follow trends blindly. If you follow fashion, it means you’re trying to be somebody you are not. Follow what your heart and instincts say. That’s what I do.
- Don’t buy or wear what others ask you to. You must like it and feel good in it.
- Don’t go out without your hair done. Make an effort to brush it. A good hairstyle can do wonders for your look.
- Don’t wear high-heels if you can’t walk or stand straight in them. Good posture is very important.
- Footwear is important. Pick the right colour that goes well with your outfit. An absurd shoe colour can ruin your entire look.