Over the next several days of festivities for Pateti, Parsee New Year and Khordaad Saal, theatres offering plays will be another great pull for the community. Here is a glimpse of where you can go
1. HASA HAS – NCPA presentation, in aid of the Adi Marzban Endowment Fund – a non-stop variety revue directed by Sam Kerawalla with songs and music by Marzban Mehta. It is full of songs, dances, sketches, a cocktail of laughter to liven your spirits and take away all your worries and tensions in the New Year. It stars popular comedian Parvez Mehta, Danesh Khambatta, Danesh Irani, Veena Sorabji and the one and only Huzan Bharucha. This variety revue will be on Parsi New Year at Tata Theatre at 6.30 p.m. and you can still book your seats at NCPA box office from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tel. 6622372454.
2. BE GHADI MAUJ MASTI – The Parsi Food & Trade Festival and the D.D. Mehta Memorial Trust are organizing a variety entertainment programme on Parsi New Year at 7 p.m. at Birla Hall, Marine Lines. Dinyar Dorab Mehta and his wife Shiraz, trustees of D.D. Mehta Memorial Trust, are the organizers, with Anahita Yezdi Desai from Wapiz as the main sponsors of this show. There are skits and gags by Yezdi Karanjia and his group along with mimicry, songs, music and garbas by Bollywood fame music director Darshan Kumar. WAPIZ is giving all their members a 50% discount. Book your seats at Rhythm House on 9820101241. WAPIZ members can reserve their seats at their office at Framji Cowasjee Institute at Dhobi Talao, between 12 noon to 6 p.m.
3. JA TARI SATHE KITTA – If you enjoy a mad mad naughty Parsi comedy, then see Dinyar Contractor (Parsi’s favourite stage actor and producer) and director Firoz Bhagat in this Gujarati play which will be staged on Parsi New Year at Nehru Auditorium at 7 p.m. and for concessional block booking contact Dinyar Contractor on 9820029819 or on 9320029819 or at Nehru on Tel. 24964680 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
4. ALL IZZZZ WELL – Remember ‘3 Idiots’? Now Centre Stage Production is presenting a Parsi Gujarati comedy produced by Roshan Tirandaz and directed by Dinyar Tirandaz which will be staged today at 7 p.m. at Bhavan, on Parsi New Year at 7 p.m. at Rang Sharda Bandra Reclamation and on Khordad Sal at 7 p.m. at Tata Experimental Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point. Enjoy this comedy with a Parsi version and book your seats by making inquiries on 9820225276/ 9820249008.
5. PAPPA MANE PANNAVO – Tirupati Dinaz Dramatics in its 26th year of production is presenting a rollicking comedy with a touch of Dinoo and Jamshed Bagli on Parsi New Year at 7.15 p.m. at Bhavan’s Chowpatty. Kindly reserve your seats for the show, as well as for block booking with JB on 9821014169.
6. KUTRA NI PUCHDI VANKI (BICHARO BURJOR) – Khareghat Colony Welfare Association is presenting a fast and farcical comedy which is produced and directed by Yezdi and Mehernosh Karanjia today at Birla Matushri Sabhagriha at 7.30 p.m. Book your invitee passes with Mrs. Mahrukh Mistry on Tel. 23681457.
7. JUST DON’T DO IT: A comedy about you-know-what – a laugh riot presented by Cyrus Dastoor on August 19 at 7.30 p.m. at Manik Sabhagriha and on Khordad Sal, August 24, at 7.30 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Auditorium.
8. AAI KARASTAN KAUNNO? – A hilarious Parsi Gujarati Comedy directed by Cyrus Dastoor on Pateti (August 18) at 7.15 p.m. at Patkar Hall, and on Parsi New Year on August 19 and 24 at 7.30 p.m. at Sophia Bhabha Hall..