Masina Hospital has a Multidisciplinary treatment-care facility for patients with acute Psychiatric disorders and Addiction problems.
The Panel of Eminent Psychiatrists at our Unit are
Dr Y.A.Matcheswalla (HOD)
Dr S.A Patkar
Dr Sunay Pradhan
Many success stories have emerged through our Psychiatric unit available at Masina Hospital. Person A was diagnosed with Schizophrenia 9 years ago, he was admitted here, after the treatment and Rehabilitation process has got back into society productively. He leads a normal disciplined life, going to work and following up regularly with his Psychiatrist, wherein his medication is monitored. His mental illness is under control and has led a symptom free life ever since.
Person B was admitted to Masina Hospital around 10 years ago suffering from an Addiction problem, his family life had detiorated, on the verge of a divorce. After his stay in the Hospital he has not only maintained sobriety but also managed to gain back his lost family support. He is absolutely functional and with his regular Psychiatric follow ups leads a fulfilling life.
The Treatment facilities -
Available together as a continuum treatment unit or can be taken UP individually.
- Secure Wards for acute patients, needing a specialized Treatment plan.
- Rehabilitation Centre A live-in facility, wherein the patient avails of
- GroupTherapy sessions, Individual counselling, Yoga, Occupational raerapy.
- Day Care Centre stresses on Psychosocial Rehabilitation, aiming at developing social adjustment & improving living skills.
- Counselling Centre services are provided by a team of Psychologists, Social workers, Counselors, Family Therapists and other Mental Health professionals.