Prof. Dr. Keiki R. Mehta, Chief Surgical & Medical Director of Mehta International Eye Institute, a brilliant surgeon with outstanding surgical skills...
Prof. Dr. Keiki R. Mehta is India’s foremost Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, and is The Surgical Chief & Medical Director of The Mehta International Eye Institute, Colaba, Mumbai, considered to be Asia’s most advanced and foremost Ophthalmic Institute, and specializes in Cataract, LASIK, Glaucoma, Squint, Lazy Eyes, Keratoconus, Retinal surgeries and treatment. An outstanding researcher and clinician, he has extensive experience of Cataract, Excimer Laser, PRK and LASIK techniques which he has done over last years.
- Received the “ASCRS Honored Guest Award”, the highest recognition award by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, (ASCRS), the world’s largest ophthalmic society, at the ASCRS Annual Symposium held in Boston, USA this April, 2014 at the hands of the President of the Society, Prof. Dr. Eric Donnenfield.
- Prof. Dr. Keiki R. Mehta was awarded the Antonio SCARPA Medal and Oration of the Italian Ophthalmic Society, which is the highest honor given by the Italian Ophthalmic Society for Outstanding Surgical Skills & diagnostic abilities in Ophthalmology at the hands of the President of the Society, Prof. Matteo Piovella in Milan, Italy, May 2014.
- He has been honored with the “Leading International Ophthalomlogist Award” by the Swiss Eye Research Foundation, at the hands of the President of the Swiss Ophthalmic Society, Prof. Bojan Pajic at the recently concluded Congress EyeAdvance Focus conference, June 2014.
- He is the only Indian to be elected a Member of the Legion d’ Honor of the Instituto Barraquer, Barcelona, Spain.
- Prof. Dr. Keiki Mehta is the only distinguished Indian Ophthalmic surgeon to be ever invited to Operate Live at Video Cataracta in Milan, Italy, where only the best of the best are invited, at Europe’s biggest Live Surgery Conference
- The American Implant Society awarded him its Appreciation Award, at San Francisco for pioneering Soft Intraocular implants for the first time in the world. He has received Grand Honors Award from the National Eye Research Foundation, Chicago, USA, the only Indian to be ever awarded. Presented the prestigious Lim International Award from the Asia Pacific Intraocular Implant Association for outstanding work in Ophthalmology in the Asia Pacific Region, the only India to be presented this award. Awarded the Triple Ribbon Award of the American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery, USA, for Outstanding Research presentations in Ophthalmology. Presented the Outstanding Recognition Award by International Council of Cataract Surgeons for Outstanding Research & Development in Cataract Surgery, award presented at Barcelona, Spain. Presented advanced research papers on Lasik Internationally and won the Outstanding Presentation Award at San Diego, USA.
- Prof. Dr. Keiki R. Mehta is considered India’s foremost Ophthalmic surgeon, and has conducted Live Surgical workshops in every major city in India, and has trained thousands of doctors in Intraocular implant surgery and Phacoemulsification and Laser refractive surgery including Lasik.
- He is the winner of 11 Gold Medals in India, having received virtually all the Honors possible, has been the President of the All India Ophthalmologists Association and President of the Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society among many others. Chairman and Organizing Secretary of the very successful Eye Advance Congresses for the last 18 years 1996- 2014. These have now reached an iconic status and are recognized worldwide. He is Honorary Visiting Professor at ONO Eye Hospital in Geneva, Switzerland and St. Luke’s Institute, Texas, USA.
He is also Honorary Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon to
1. GOVERNOR OF MAHARASHTRA,
2. ARMED FORCES - GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
3. MAHARASHTRA POLICE.
Awarded PADMASHREE by the President Of India, for Exemplary Surgical Skills and Outstanding Achievements in Ophthalmology.