Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Health & Fitness > A new vision

A new vision

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Youngsters are increasingly setting their sights on daily disposable lenses, according to a recent survey

It’s still party time and you don’t want your gorgeous eye make-up to be overshadowed by your spectacles. Contact lenses, however, can be inconvenient if you are using the kind that needs replacement once a month; caring for them and ensuring they don’t cause infections can be a problem.

Lensico, an eye care brand, recently interviewed 1800 teenagers aged between 12 and 20 and discovered that there has been a rise in the adoption of daily disposable lenses by 33% between 2016 and 2018. There was a fall in dropouts by 12% during the same period.

The global eyecare market is growing at a CAGR of 3.4%, the report says, adding that the entry of daily disposable lenses in 2014 has caused a complete change in the market.

The researchers found that nearly 62% of users in the survey were contact lens wearers who had been using them for the previous two years. They were referred to as ‘current users’. The other 38%—referred to as ‘dropouts’—included people who discarded the use of contact lenses and were relying on spectacles

According to the study, the major reason why 73% of people surveyed had adopted daily disposable lenses was because of market awareness, a comfortable experience, better viewing, and affordability. The remaining 27% of the people belonging to the age group opted for daily disposable lenses on the ophthalmologist recommendation.

The teenagers surveyed comprised 52% male current wearers and 48% of female current wearers. Nonetheless, the dropout category has a higher disparity with 67% female dropouts in comparison with 33% male dropouts.

Based on the questionnaire, 38% of the current wearers responded affirmatively to ‘satisfaction’, 36% of them prioritised ‘ease of use’, and 26% of the surveyed people responded to ‘comfort’ of wearing daily disposable lenses, according to the release.

Lensico points out that common problems and eye-diseases related to wearing contact lenses occur because of poor cleaning routines, and the use of daily disposable lenses prevent such situations.
 

COMMENTS
No Comments Posted
POST YOUR COMMENTS
Name:  
 
Email:    
Comments:
 
 
City news
VVPATs could delay counting of votes, results lik
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) yesterday go
A day before counting of votes for the ...
I am in a fix. I have been happily married for 4
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Astrology
Select Sun sign:
 
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)You are likely to remain careful and watchful today, foretells Ganesha. And because you'll be invited to parties and other social events, your enthusiasm will remain buoyant. You will also strike the right balance between business and pleasure, says Ganesha.
- Advertising -
Women play a major role in keeping traditional Ko
The school dropout rate among Muslim girls has re
Winter is setting in and with high pollution leve
Read More