Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Education & Career > Studying Abroad

Studying Abroad

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Alisha Mashruwala is a Partner at OnCourse and a Harvard graduate, and is also a Psychology major with a minor in Economics

I will complete my B.Com next year. I want to pursue studies in packaging abroad. Is there any university abroad that offers such a course? What's the eligibility?    
—-Malivika Surinder

There are several packaging courses available at the post-graduate level. Some of the courses that may interest you are:

  • M.A. Design (Packaging Design)
  • MS Packaging Technology
  • MS Packaging Technology and Development
  • MSc Packaging Design and Marketing
  • MSc Packaging Science
  • MSc Packaging

The countries that offer this program are: USA, UK, France and Finland. The eligibility requirements are a Bachelor’s Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or more along with a good English requirement score (TOEFL/IELTS). Some colleges may require the GRE Test also. If you are considering the Design programs, you may require submitting a Portfolio at the time of application.

I am looking to apply for the MPhil Management program at Cambridge University. My GMAT score is 720 but I have not taken the GRE. Is my GMAT score acceptable for this program?    
—Jayni Patel

The GMAT score is not accepted as a part of the MPhil Management program at Cambridge Universities Judge Business School. Applicants are encouraged to take the GRE. Although this is not a formal requirement, for applicants from universities which may not be well known to members of the admissions committee, a strong GRE test result may well make a difference.

I am interested in studying Baking and Patisserie in London. I do not have any experience or prior education in cooking related fields. Can you please recommend a suitable program? Also what is the approximate cost and duration for it?    
—Romini Dalal

Le Cordon Bleu in London offers a Diploma in Patisserie, Confectionery and baking courses. The standard course is about 9 months while the intensive course takes about 6 months to complete. The price for the standard course is £16,195 and £16,423 for the Intensive Course. You do not need any prior working experience or culinary skills to apply for this course. The entry requirements are high school diploma or equivalent, evidence of English language (IELTS exam test report result with 5.5 or above in all components). All students must be 18 years or over.

No Comments Posted
City news
The civic body has appointed 249 inspectors ...
Mumbai Police asked all societies to install CCTV
With a ban on plastic bags and other ...
I want to take up the career in 'Psychology'. My
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Select Sun sign:
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)You will be inclined towards deep introspection. You will realise that it is important to understand your inner self. However, Ganesha says spontaneity is equally vital, and playing with children is a very good way to be spontaneous. Today, you should refrain from taking major decisions of any kind without consulting the right people.
- Advertising -
Read More