Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Education & Career > Studying Abroad

Studying Abroad

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My daughter is planning to apply to the US for Undergraduate studies in Graphic Design. Though she has prepared a portfolio, she has not taken the SAT test. Is she eligible to apply?    
—Saloni Shah

The portfolio and school grades are the most important admission requirements for the BFA (Bachelors of Fine Arts) in Graphic Design program in the US. Most universities like: RISD (Rhode Island School of Design), SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) and MICA (Maryland Institute College of Arts) require SAT or the ACT test as a part of BFA in Graphic Design application. However, colleges like CalArts, SAIC (School of Art Institute Chicago), Parsons New School of Design and Pratt do not require the SAT or ACT as a part of BFA in Graphic Design application. A good SAT or ACT score will always be beneficial to your application even if it is not required by the college.  If you have the time to prepare for the test, it is recommended that you take it.

I have a US passport and file my Income Tax returns in the US. My daughter is applying for undergraduate admissions with financial aid.  What are the financial documents that I will need to apply for financial aid?
—Jeremy Brown

New freshman applicants who are U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, or eligible non-citizens can be considered for both scholarship and federal financial aid with successful on time submission of the:
CSS Financial Aid/PROFILE: Available online at
FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Available online at
Signed copies of the student and parents’ 2015 federal tax return including all schedules and W2s(Form W-2, a United States federal tax form issued by employers and stating how much an employee was paid in a year. ). Submit documentation online through IDOC at
If parents are divorced, separated, or were never married, complete a Noncustodial Profile (NCP) and submit the accompanying 2015 federal tax return including all schedules and W2s to IDOC. The NCP is available on-line after the student has completed the CSS Profile.
If parents own a business or farm, include a copy of the most recent partnership or corporate tax return.

I have completed my BA. Economics (Honours) from PDPU University. I am interested in the Masters in Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation program at USC in Los Angeles. Is it mandatory for students to take the GMAT or GRE?
—Kushal Patel

The Masters in Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation program at USC (University of Southern California) does NOT require the GMAT or GRE score as a part of the application process. However, please note that other colleges in the US may require the GMAT or GRE scores. Also, you will require to submit your TOEFL or IELTS score for the Masters in Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation to USC.

No Comments Posted
City news
ADC’s night trip to the subway reveals tipplers ...
Sharad Pawar takes to the streets against governm
A 45 year-old paternal grandmother who kidnapped
I am 33 year old man. I want to know whether ‘del
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Select Sun sign:
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)New work proposals will come your way. Take expert opinion before any commitment. Sales transactions will go through smoothly and you are likely to gain. Investments in some land or property are indicated. There is a going to be a new romantic interest in your life.
- Advertising -
Writer Sajid Samji enthralled the students with e
Follow these 5 simple steps from the expert to ta
This year HR business has done considerable measu
Read More