Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Education & Career > Studying Abroad

Studying Abroad

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Alisha Mashruwala is a Partner at OnCourse and a Harvard graduate, and is also a Psychology major with a minor in Economics

I have completed my B.SC in Psychology. However, I am also interested in Economics? Is it possible to pursue Economics at a Masters Level? Can you suggest suitable programs in the UK? Also, is GMAT/GRE compulsory for such programs?
— Nishii Jhala

A few colleges in UK offer a Graduate Diploma program in Economics. It is a conversion course designed for students who wish to move into Economics (or Finance) and who have both a good degree in another subject and appropriate mathematical skills. This program would be ideal for someone who wanted to do an MSc in Economics and needed some undergraduate-level study as preparation. It is a 9 month full time program, following which students can pursue an MSc in Economics without the requirement of a GMAT/GRE score. Some of the colleges which offer this program are: University of Warwick, University of Bristol, University of Birmingham and Summer Program at University of Edinburgh.

I am planning to apply to the United States for Fall 2018. Which Financial Documents do I need to prepare for the application?
— Priyanshi Patel

Most colleges will require that International students submit proof of financial responsibility showing sufficient financial support for education in the United States. Some of the documents that you may need are:
Certificate of Finances/Financial Statement (Available on the College Website).
Official Letter or Statement from Parent(s) or Sponsor(s) Bank.
Sponsorship Letter.

However, these documents may not be required by all colleges at the time of application. Several colleges will ask for financial documents at the time of sending the I-20 or after you are offered admission.  Some colleges may have specific requirements other than those mentioned here.

My daughter will finish studying B.Com from H.R College of Commerce. She wants to go to the US to pursue a Master ‘s Degree.  Can she apply for admission with a 3 years undergraduate degree?
— Minal Pandya

Most colleges in the US require 4 years of Undergraduate degree for admission for their Post Graduate programs. It basically means a minimum of 16 years of formal education. Some colleges may allow 3 years Undergraduate degree if it has been completed in an Honours Program. Colleges may accept a 3 years degree on a case-to-case basis based on the WES evaluation. In most colleges, applicants with only a 3-year bachelor's degree do not meet the requirement for admission and are not as competitive compared to candidates with 4-year degrees.  Therefore, to be competitive, applicants would need to complete a master's degree (2 years after your bachelor's degree) or other acceptable degree. Most students applying for post graduation in the US continue with an M.Com degree in India to complete 16 years of formal education.

No Comments Posted
City news
Discover cache of 10 kg of party drug ...
The ED had moved an application to declare ...
Members of the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navn
What is the correct and healthy frequency of sexu
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
- Advertising -
Long-distance running as a sport and fitness regi
Follow a high-intensity interval training regimen
Diabetic patients may be unaware that they have t
Read More