Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Education & Career > Study Abroad

Study Abroad

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Alisha Mashruwala is a Partner at OnCourse and a Harvard graduate, and is also a Psychology major with a minor in Economics

I am currently studying for B.Tech Civil engineering. I am interested in bringing about a change in my career by studying Management related to Construction and Real Estate. Can you please recommend programs other than the regular MBA which I may consider?    
—Shrikant Yadav

Some of the Post-Graduates programs other than the MBA that you may consider are:

  • Joint Degree: MBA/CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: This program is designed for students with undergraduate degrees in engineering and offers the opportunity to develop technical and managerial skills in managing and leading civil and environmental engineering organizations, projects and systems, as well as business management.
  • MS In Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering & Management)
  • MS In Construction Management
  • MS In Real Estate
  • MS In Building Construction Management
  • MS in Management

How many ‘Recommendation Letters’ are needed for applying to US colleges for undergraduate studies? Is it okay if I take a recommendation letter from my tuition teacher?    
—Shikhar Salgaonkar

Most colleges in the US require three Recommendation Letters from each applicant. It helps the college to learn more about each applicant. One recommendation from your guidance counsellor at school and two recommendations from teachers who have taught you in major academic courses (English, mathematics, social studies, sciences, foreign languages), preferably within the last two years of secondary school. If you are planning to apply for Engineering studies, at least one recommendation should be from a math or science teacher. However, not all colleges require three letters. Some colleges may need only one letter and some colleges don’t need recommendation letters at all. You can only submit recommendation letters from the counsellor and teachers of your secondary school and not from the coaching class or tuition teacher.

I’ve completed my Bachelors in Graphic Design. I have always been very passionate about photography and would like to pursue photography as a profession. I am considering studying photography in the UK. What are the portfolio requirements that I should consider for this program?
—Sunil Pandya

The portfolio requirements for the photography program will vary according to the college. For specific requirements, you should visit the college website or send an email to the college of your choice. Here are some of the general requirements that you may consider for applying to the MA Photography program in the UK: You’ll need to submit a digital portfolio containing up to 20 images of your work and/or relevant documentary material. Please label your work carefully with your name, plus titles if appropriate. Your portfolio should evidence your current creative practice.

No Comments Posted
City news
In the year 1987, the burglar along with ...
The absence of any popular wave in seven ...
According to the World Federation for Mental Heal
We are convinced that children need to be educate
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Select Sun sign:
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)You are likely to remain careful and watchful today, foretells Ganesha. And because you'll be invited to parties and other social events, your enthusiasm will remain buoyant. You will also strike the right balance between business and pleasure, says Ganesha.
- Advertising -
Technology is found everywhere and unlike the vie
The online gaming is upsurging as one of the most
One of the distinctive qualities that we notice i
Read More