Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Education & Career > Study Abroad

Study Abroad

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Alisha Mashruwala is a Partner at OnCourse and a Harvard graduate, and is also a Psychology major with a minor in Economics

My daughter is currently in Grade 10. She is very passionate about studying History since she was a young child. We would like to send her to UK for undergraduate studies. Can you please recommend History/Archaeology related courses available in UK for her. Thanks!
— Krishna Menon

Universities in UK offer a wide range of courses related to History and Archaeology. Some of the popular courses are:

  • BA in Ancient and Modern History
  • BA in Archaeology and Anthropology
  • BA in Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
  • BA in Classics
  • BA in History
  • BA in History and Economics
  • BA in History and English
  • BA in History and Modern Languages : The Modern Languages are: French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Modern Greek, Czech (with Slovak)
  • BA in History of Art

I am doing my B.BAwith Finance Honours. I am interested in pursuing a MS Taxation degree in the US. Will my three year degree be accepted? And do I need a GMAT or GRE for application?
—Maulik Tripathi

Though several US Universities have started accepting the Indian three year Bachelor’s degree, most US universities still prefer a 12+4 education. Several colleges decide on a case-to-case basis depending on the course of education as well as the students’ profile. It would be best if you pursue a M.COM or similar program to fulfil on the 12+4 requirement. If you are applying for a MS Taxation degree, it would be better if you take the GMAT test, though most universities will even accept the GRE.

I am currently studying in FY.BTech-Computer Engineering. I was interested in studying for a short summer course in the USA. Do I need a Student Visa or can I use my existing Tourist visa to study?
-Aatish Bakshi

A lot of Summer programs in the US do not require a Student Visa. However, there are several courses which are considered to be Credit Programs and may require a student visa. Usually, the visa-requirements are clearly mentioned on the program website. Please send an email to the university and reconfirm with them regarding the need for the student visa. If the university requires a student visa, it will issue an I-20 Form to eligible students. After receiving the I-20, you need to apply for a F-1 student visa to attend a summer course.

No Comments Posted
City news
Focus on Agriculture, Jobs, Infrastructure and Di
Under flak for scrapping internal assessment mark
In an interesting case, the Communist Party of ...
I am really very uneasy and disturbed. I started
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Select Sun sign:
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)You are likely to remain careful and watchful today, foretells Ganesha. And because you'll be invited to parties and other social events, your enthusiasm will remain buoyant. You will also strike the right balance between business and pleasure, says Ganesha.
- Advertising -
Recently, Madurai High Court Bench expressed alar
The development of transportation and telecommuni
A national campaign to touch-base with 50,000 rur
Read More