Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Education & Career > STUDY ABROAD


Wednesday, September 05, 2018

ALISHA MASHRUWALA is a Partner at OnCourse and a Harvard graduate, and is also a Psychology major with a minor in Economics

I am currently studying a B.Sc in Biochemistry. I am thinking of applying for the M.SC in Biochemistry program to US universities. Can you please advice on the application process.
—Ruju Mehta

Most Graduate programs in Biochemistry in the US are PhD programs. Also, most colleges do NOT accept a 3 years Undergraduate degree. You will need a Two-Year Master’s Degree to apply. You will need to apply through the college website of the colleges that you finalize. Your application will consist of the following:

  • Online College Form & Fees
  • Official College Transcripts
  • GRE Score
  • TOEFL Score
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Personal Statement
  • Recommendation Letters

I have completed 6 months in the BBA Program from NMIMS, Mumbai. I am looking to apply for Undergraduate studies to the US. Should I apply as a freshman or as a transfer student?
—Ranjeet Singh Ahluwalia

If you have a high school diploma or GED and you have less than one year of transferable post-secondary-school college credit, then you should apply as a freshman candidate. If you have at least one year and no more than two years of transferable post-secondary-school college credit, then you should apply as a transfer student.

My daughter is applying for a BA in Psychology to USA. Her school will provide transcripts in Hindi and not in English. What should I do to complete the transcript requirement of the application?
—Avantika Rathore

When you are applying for studies to the US, the official high school transcripts play an important role in your application. Most colleges will require transcripts  from Grade 9 to Grade 12. If your school is not able to furnish transcripts in English, you may accompany the transcripts in your local language along with a notarized English translation. Please note that you may need both the copies-the original one in the local language as well as the notarized English translation. Few colleges may ask for notarization from specific institutes like: WES (World Education Services) If you have any queries for this column, or the US Embassy.

No Comments Posted
City news
Seized items can be used for a variety ...
Dadar GRP recover 20 phones stolen from devotees
The state government has on Tuesday decided to ...
Heart To Heart
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Select Sun sign:
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)Today people will actually drag you into altercations, so flash the peace sign if you must. You may face some sort of legal troubles from peace-loving groups. Therefore, Ganesha advises you to meditate, take a walk or just seek out the company of your near and dear ones.
- Advertising -
Smart schooling is the answer to making learning
Adaptive learning, an educational technology that
The book launch function of ‘Stratification of Ad
Read More