Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > City news > CM says Govt wont spare anyone guilty for Bhima-Koregaon incident

CM says Govt wont spare anyone guilty for Bhima-Koregaon incident

Wednesday, March 14, 2018
By Prashant Hamine

Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis stated that the state government will not spare anyone found responsible for the Bhima-Koregaon incident. Replying to the debate in the legislative council yesterday, the Chief Minister stated that cases lodged against people during the 'Maharashtra Bandh' on January 3 will be withdrawn. For this, a committee will be set up under Additional Director General of Police, which will submit its report to the government within three months. The CM however, slammed the Yelgar Parishad, which had organised a function to mark the 200th anniversary of the Bhima-Koregaon war of 1818, for  making provocative speeches. Fadnavis stated that the Yelgar Parishad made speeches akin to as if they were going to war soon.

He added that the government will take over the conservation and maintenance of the Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj 'samadhi' (tomb) at Vadu-Budruk. Besides this, the government will construct an additional bridge leading to the War Memorial to ease the congestion at the venue. Referring to the charge of inquiry committee headed by retired chief justice J.N. Patel, he stated that although the government had earlier announced setting up of a probe panel headed by a sitting High Court judge, but in light of the recent Supreme Court judgment, the government had to constitute a probe panel headed by a retired High Court Judge.

While giving details on the steps taken by the government in upholding the rule of law, the Chief Minister stated that soon after some miscreants vandalised the board and the tomb of Govind Gopal Gaikwad, the police promptly registered cases. Fadnavis disclosed that the board at the tomb was not put up by the villagers, but by some outsider. He added that the incident took place for about one or two hours, but thereafter, the police brought the situation under control. Although rumor mills went into overdrive, the tight security measures taken by the police made sure any major untoward incident was averted.

Fadnavis disclosed that atrocity cases were registered against 17 people, cases against 622 people were registered under other Sections; 1,199 people arrested while 2,954 people were put under preventive detention and property worth Rs. 13 crores was damaged. He added that although the cases filed against people in connection with the 'Maharashtra Bandh' will be withdrawn, he further stated that some miscreants tried to take advantage of the situation and indulged in deliberate looting. in some cases.

COMMENTS
No Comments Posted
POST YOUR COMMENTS
Name:  
 
Email:    
Comments:
 
 
Diary
A mother accompanies a couple of kids to ...
The ADC’s film correspondent Chaitanya Padukone h
Jewellery designer Queenie Singh is quite revving
Is it safe to have intercourse during the menses?
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Astrology
Select Sun sign:
 
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)Unlike the last few days, today will be hectic and demanding. You will need to attend a few social get-togethers and functions. Socializing with friends and relatives is on the cards. However, you need to be careful about your health. Expenses on medicines are indicated, says Ganesha.
- Advertising -
Outcome of state elections, crude oil price movem
Differences have cropped up between the Heavy Ind
Amid raging controversy over the revised economic
Read More